Blonyx | HMB+ Creatine
BLONYX HMB+ CREATINE
- Blonyx HMB+ Creatineå¨ is a clean, paleo friendly sports supplement that will improve strength based training performance
- It works by increasing muscle phosphocreatine energy storage for explosive strength and also by speeding muscle cell repair, recovery and adaptation
- HMB+ Creatine is both sugar and additive free. No chemicals, sweeteners or fillers
- It's two ingredients: HMB (Beta-Hydroxy-Beta-Methylbutyrate) and Creatine Monohydrate are very well researched, are shown to be safe and to work in training athletes
- These two ingredients are naturally found in small amounts in paleo foods such as grapefruit, fish and meat and when used as a supplement are proven to increase strength, muscle mass and recovery with training
"Our top athletes are seeing amazing results and we are blowing through our stock Blonyx at CFNE! I am super impressed with the focus on research backed ingredients and keeping the product simple."
Ben Bergeron - CrossFit New England
"I‰۪ve been taking Blonyx Creatine and HMB for 10 months now. I've continued to see an increase in my strength numbers and endurance. Blonyx helps me recover faster and train harder. I won't go a day without it!"
Danielle Horan - Champlain Valley CrossFit and CrossFit Games competitor
"Without a doubt HMB is the best and most effective product I have ever taken. I can honestly say I have never been so excited to share my results I have had with HMB to my clients and other athletes."
Sam Dancer - QTown CrossFit and CrossFit Conjugate, CrossFit Games competitor
"I'm learning that Blonyx HMB+ Creatine product is a great tool for strength development. I've seen some solid progress while using the product and plan on keeping it as one of my daily supplements."
Nate Schrader - Iron Forged Athletics and CrossFit Games competitor
"As games athletes, the products we use will inevitably influence the buying decisions of our members and other aspiring athletes. Carrying Blonyx at CDR ensures that our athletes have access to products we have tested and now use on a regular basis: Products that are clean, safe, well researched, easy to understand and work."
Calvin Davis - CrossFit CDR Redlands and CrossFit Games competitor
WHAT IS HMB? (AND WHY ADD CREATINE?)
1. THE BASICS
In athletes where muscle tissue is damaged (causing soreness), repaired and built more frequently it stands to reason that we need more HMB. Lots of research has now shown that supplementing the diet with HMB improves exercise performance by supporting muscle cell repair and adaptation.
- ISSN Position Statement for HMB
- ISSN Position Statement for Creatine
2. WHAT WILL TAKING HMB DO FOR YOU?
- Decrease muscle damage and soreness
- Reduce recovery time from all types of training
- Increase muscle mass and strength gains with strength based training
- Improve endurance capacity with running and cycling training (VO2 max/peak)
- Decrease body fat (limited research to date)
- Reduce muscle wasting that occurs with aging or certain disease conditions
INCREASED ENDURANCE PERFORMANCE
3. HOW DOES HMB WORK?
HMB therefore protects the muscle from exercise damage, then speeds protein synthesis based recovery enabling athletes to train harder and adapt to exercise more quickly.
The charts below show the research demonstrating that HMB supplementation reduces muscle damage in both endurance and strength athletes:
MUSCLE DAMAGE IS ALMOST ELIMINATED AFTER HEAVY WEIGHT TRAINING (40 WEIGHT TRAINING ADULTS AFTER 3 WEEKS OF HMB SUPPLEMENTATION)
MUSCLE DAMAGE IS DRAMATICALLY REDUCED AFTER A 20KM RUN (13 RUNNERS AFTER 6 WEEKS OF HMB SUPPLEMENTATION)
4. THE SCIENCE BEHIND HMB
HMB is also thought to stimulate the production of muscle protein to be used in the muscle adaptation process through a chemical process called the m-TOR pathway. In endurance athletes this means that muscles rapidly change to become more energy efficient whereas in the strength athlete muscle cells will grow more quickly to generate more power.
Overall, using HMB enhances your recovery from, and adaptation to all types of training. It is a product that can be used by all athletes that are training hard, regardless of their sporting event.
5. HMB IS NATURAL AND COMPLETELY SAFE TO TAKE
In 2000, research was published that took blood samples from 128 men and women of all ages using HMB. The research found that HMB was completely safe to take with no reported side effects.
6. ADDING CREATINE FOR THE STRENGTH ATHLETE
Supplementing the diet with Creatine has been shown in many research studies to enhance strength and mass with training, thought to be through increased muscle water and providing energy for better training. Creatine has been shown to work in tandem with HMB for even better results.
HMB and Creatine are two of the most researched sports supplements available on the market, having been tested in over 100 research labs. Their ability to increase muscle mass and strength with weight training are similar, yet research has shown that they work differently, meaning that using them together combines their effects.
Research into the combination found that they may even double the effects of training. Using HMB and Creatine together is a no brainer for athletes wanting to get the most from their strength cycles.
7. HMB FOR OTHER SPORTS AND ACTIVITIES
Blonyx‰۪s new HMB+ Creatine product combines the two most researched supplements for enhancing strength and muscle mass.
Both HMB products are ideal for athletes that participate in high intensity training that causes muscle soreness on a regular basis. Blonyx supplements are therefore ideal for athletes who participate in the following sport and exercise programs:
- Endurance sports such as cycling, running, triathlons, etc.
- Power Lifters
- Football and Rugby players
- Body Builders
8. HMB IS SUPPORTED BY LOTS OF PUBLISHED RESEARCH
To date there have been numerous additional, university and peer reviewed studies done on HMB. Over twelve years, researchers have found that HMB has numerous beneficial effects, including producing better results from intense exercise. The list of HMB clinical studies is continually growing. Currently there are over 20 human studies completed and published as peer-reviewed papers, with more studies set to follow. Only Creatine and protein supplementation has more studies published than HMB.