Who doesn’t love Reese’s Peanut Butter cups?
I for one will just go ahead and let the world know about my obsession with these circular discs of heaven…
REESE’S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS ARE MY FAVORITE!
Can you tell that I like them? More like love them – in a creepy obsessed stalker hanging pictures of them in a dark basement kind of way. I love them all – King Size, Fun Size, Regular Size, Jumbo Size, Big Cup, Mini, Egg Shaped, Pumpkin Shaped, Christmas Tree Shaped – Oh wait, where was I? Ah yes, I’m writing a paleo chocolate nut butter recipe post. Okay back to that.
So unfortunately, as most of you know, peanuts are not paleo, since technically they are a legume – not a nut. (Here’s a great read on Beans and Legumes from the Paleo Diet Lifestyle)
But what you gonna do when your sweet tooth is coming after you? Queue the “Cops” intro music. 1) Run for the quickest fix or 2) try these Easy Paleo Nut Butter Cups on for size?
The paleo game show host in me hopes you went with answer number two, because answer number 1 has a trash eating goat behind the door!
Behind answer number 2 is the recipe for these insanely delicious Paleo Chocolate Nut Butter Cups! They seriously are paleo peanut butter cups without the peanuts!
Make a batch of these and always keep them on hand. They will satisfy any craving and without giving you a nasty refined sugar high.
Paleo Chocolate Nut Butter Cups
- 1 & 1/2 cups of Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips (soy, dairy, & gluten-free)
- 1 cup of sunflower seed butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup of raw honey
- 1 tsp. of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. of vanilla
- Line a cupcake pan with silicone cupcake liners.
- Melt your chocolate chips using the double boiler method.
- Then take a spoon sized dollop of melted chocolate and put it in the bottom of the silicone liners. Use the spoon to coat the bottom and sides of the liners by spreading the chocolate around and kind of twirling the cup lightly around the spoon. Coat the bottom and the sides well, I went halfway up the sides of my silicone liners. Then place the pan in the freezer to harden while you prepare your nut butter filling.
- Put nut butter (MeeNut Butter) of your choice, coconut oil, raw honey, sea salt, and vanilla in a food processor and mix until combined.
- After your chocolate has hardened in the freezer, remove and use a spoon to drop a dollop of nut butter filling into the center of each cup. Freeze again for about 30 minutes.
- After your nut butter filling is solid use a spoon to cover the tops with the rest of the melted chocolate (by this point you may need to re-melt your chocolate if it’s started to harden, no biggie). Then place in the freezer one last time until the chocolate has hardened.
- Store paleo nut butter cups in the refrigerator between stuffing your face with them.
- Enjoy your faux paleo peanut butter cups!
The post Easy Paleo Chocolate Nut Butter Cups appeared first on .