WODshop.com (Work Out of the Day) is dedicated to increasing the quality of life through better health and fitness.
Jerry Lamigo & Greg Glassman at the 2012 CrossFit® Games
Greg Glassman & Jerry Lamigo at the 2009 CrossFit® Games
The WODshop story
The magic of community-based fitness are the people. Hands down. In the past six years, WODshop founder Jerry Lamigo has witnessed this community throughout the world as an athlete and CrossFit® Level One Trainer. Having coached and trained at several “boxes” throughout California, Jerry has seen it all. From the early days when the Games were held at a dusty ranch in Northern California to its evolution into a nationally televised sporting event held in Southern California’s infamous Stub Hub Center (formerly Home Depot Center), the sport has grown, but the core values have remained. These core values of the sport also constitute the inspiration and foundation of WODshop.
Functional fitness has inspired thousands throughout the world, from Santa Cruz to Shanghai. It has not only inspired countless individuals to improve their individual fitness journeys, but has also planted the seeds of a fitness revolution built on community. And in no better way is this more apparent than the organizations that have emerged to keep this fitness revolution going. Names like WOD Gear, RX Jump Ropes, Life As RX have not only become equated with functional fitness—they have become synonymous with excellence.
WODshop Core Values
- Love & Support Our Community - We believe that the fitness community is the backbone of this sport. It's the collection of individuals we call our "family" and the gym that we often call our "second home", that makes that makes this culture so amazing. We seek to be an integral part of this growing community because without you, we simply cannot exist.
- C.A.N.I (Constant And Never-ending Improvement) - WODshop is devoted to continuous improvements in every aspect. Whether it’s asking what we can do to further improve our customer experience or fostering the relationships with our suppliers, we strive to be better and outdo ourselves every single day.
- Have Fun, Do Great Things - The motto, “work hard, play hard” is in our DNA. We live to bring the best out of ourselves in work and in play. After all, what good is hard work if you can’t enjoy it along the way, right?
- Be a Force For Good - We are not retailers on a mission, we are missionaries who retail. We see a higher purpose than simply selling products and we intend on serving and being an integral part of this community of ours.
- Set a New Standard, Lead the Way - We uphold and maintain the highest standards for ourselves as individuals and as a company.